Welcome Friends and Family

Here starts my journal of thoughts... preparing for, during, and after the MAD DTS with YWAM. Please feel free to contact me with any questions, etc.

10.11.2007

Keep Left.

October 10

Greetings from Brisbane, Australia!! Today has been a mellow day with not much going on. The next thing I have to be at is a "welcome dinner" for the new DTS students. I've met quite a few gals and found out there are only about 3 guys that I know of on our MAD DTS. Why do girls ALWAYS out number guys? So, there are 3 people here from MN.. represent baby! (did that sound totally cheesy or what?) One of the guys is from IA, but lived in MN until he was about 10 years old.

In the afternoon we went into Brisbane City to the mall, the same kind of thing like Nicolette(sp?) Mall in Mpls. As we walked to the bus down a few blocks that took us to the city, I continually had to remind myself to look right instead of left. Also, it didn't dawn on me right away until walking around in the malls that they walk on the left side of the sidewalks as well.

I really feel like I am in a family here. Once I woke up the first morning, it just felt right. Even though I barely knew anyone, I just felt at home. And oddly, I haven't felt really jet-lagged. OH.. and I had been telling everyone that it's a 14 hour difference, but it's actually a 15hour difference. Brisbane doesn't observe Daylight Savings either, just so you know. I guess it's because there is a HUGE farming community and way back in the day they thought that changing the time would confuse the cows and then they wouldn't produce milk.

During dinner there was a presentation of all the staff at the base and we also had to introduce ourselves and say what school we were doing and our favorite dinner. Lasagne had been taken about three times already, so I decided to say steak, and that got a good response! :)

After dinner we had a time of worship. It was wonderful, so beautiful and freeing to finally just worship and thank God through song for my travels and safety. I continued to pray for my luggage to come as well, and to continue to be at peace with what I could not control.

it was a good day all in all.

(p.s. its actually thursday as I write the end of this and I've got my luggage!!! hurray!)


HEY, has anyone figured out iPhoto 08?? I've been trying to upload photos from there, but somehow when I import them it doesn't put them into a separate folder to find when uploading. I'm not very happy about this!! It's this long process to get them to save into a folder... so bear with me and I'll post some pics of my living quarters, etc. as soon as possible.

No comments: