Welcome Friends and Family

Here starts my journal of thoughts... preparing for, during, and after the MAD DTS with YWAM. Please feel free to contact me with any questions, etc.

2.10.2008

Finally...

This is not as much as I really would have liked to post, but my time here has been busy, and the access to the internet isn't as accessable. (i know bad spelling)... so here is a part of what I've blogged... it's only partially finished...

Hey Blog world...
It has been awhile, hasn't it? My time here in the Czech Republic has been interesting... I love the sites, the buildings and rich history, but it is a cold country both realistically figuratively speaking. The cold temperature doesn't bother me, I bought a great new coat, but the fact that the people here are hard to communicate with is discouraging. It doesn't help that I don't speak their language, but at the same time, it's harder to communicate non-verbally because they don't smile as much. There is a very stand-off-ish feeling, and even when they do speak english you have to be cautious in how you say things.

I'll give a bit of an overview of what we've been doing here so far....
On Monday we had an orientation of how the two weeks were to go while in Plzen with a schedule. Each day we've had some type of event, whether it be a concert or planning meeting, youth group event, etc. Later that day we got settled in at our "home" for the two weeks. I don't know what exactly it's called, but it's a Catholic run place with nuns on a couple floors and a place in the basement where a "youth" group meets on Tuesday nights.
On Tuesday there was a concert at a shopping mall and then just a short while after, we led the "youth" group thing I was just speaking about. That morning the band practiced and upon finishing some tension rose up about not feeling like they were gelling as a team, etc. It was a bit tense during lunch and on the way to the mall for the concert.
Once at the mall, the sound guys were having trouble getting everything to work, so the artists got together to pray. The things we prayed for were unity and peace, because it was obvious that those areas were really being attacked. The sound never really was great, but we also prayed that though it may not sound perfect it really wouldn't matter.. that the heart of why we were there would really come out strong above the music itself.
Immediately following that was the youth night, which we had very little time to prepare.

No comments: