Welcome Friends and Family

Here starts my journal of thoughts... preparing for, during, and after the MAD DTS with YWAM. Please feel free to contact me with any questions, etc.

2.15.2008

Beware of Staples

Note to self: when testing stapler, move finger from spot where staples come out.

Happy Valentine's Day everybody... a day late. Last night the church put on a couples night which had our musicians, the churches musicians, Laura and I painting, and then Czech's stories about marriage. While getting ready for the event Laura and I had to stretch our canvases... we ran out of staples and had to load more in, but when we tried to use it again it didn't work. It wasn't closed right, so I was messing with it to get it shut and managed to stick a staple into my index finger. I didn't realize that the staple actually stuck into my finger until I looked at it. I promptly told Laura to pull it out because I was too afraid to do it myself. I can't imagine what I'd do if I ever got stabbed with anything bigger, I really would have to make someone pull whatever it was out. Strange thought of the day for you. :) It only bled for a short bit, I ran it under cold water and stuck some tissue over it, but then it got a bit bruised. It's feeling better today, but it was just so strange.

I am going to leave you with a short bit of info that Julia, my fellow minnesotan on the team, wrote to our families this week. It's an update, she sends out emails... and does a good job a shortly summing up our activities. I don't have the energy to do it this time. :) (p.s. it is written starting out from LAST friday)

I'll have to share more about yesterday another time. It was a rather interesting day.

Love to you all!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OUCH, Lisa...Love, Mom