Welcome Friends and Family

Here starts my journal of thoughts... preparing for, during, and after the MAD DTS with YWAM. Please feel free to contact me with any questions, etc.

11.29.2007

Book Meme

Okay... so this has NOTHING to do with australia, but i'm sure nobody checks my random thoughts blog, so i had to do this here.....

1. Hardcover or paperback, and why? i think paperback, but there are pluses and minuses to both

2. If I were to own a book shop I would call it…I don't know if I can beat Erin's Book Nook... especially with the Cookie Nook right next to it... but I decided if I ever own a coffee shop I'd call it Lucy and Dorothy's! too wonderful grandma's

3. My favourite quote from a book (mention the title) is…There are so many good books, with good quotes... I'm going to go with the Bible on this one... James 1:12 from The Message:

12Anyone who meets a testing challenge head-on and manages to stick it out is mighty fortunate. For such persons loyally in love with God, the reward is life and more life.

4. The author (alive or dead) I would love to have lunch with would be …. Bruce Olson

5. If I was going to a deserted island and could only bring one book, except for the SAS survival guide, it would be… Hmm... I am hiding God's word in my heart, so I wouldn't have to bring the Bible, haha... so I'd say Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers

6. I would love someone to invent a bookish gadget that….Something that holds them open on a table. I didn't think it was a necessary gadget until I tried to type the quote above. :) (ditto, Erin!)

7. The smell of an old book reminds me of….Yeah, for sure Erin... elementary school

8. If I could be the lead character in a book (mention the title), it would be….Elizabeth Bennett in Pride and Prejudice

9. The most overestimated book of all times is…. hmmm... dunno

10. I hate it when a book…. is turned into a movie, and then is awful on-screen

Tag to whomever sees this next!

3 comments:

Erin Bennett said...

Yay! You're so obedient. :) I hope you had a great birthday---blog about it!

Linda said...

Hi Lisa,
It's Saturday night here,still your birthday! Guy and I are sitting by the fire watching While You Were Sleeping in HD. It snowed today so it's now officially winter in Minnesota. We're still trying to figure out where the Christmas lunch will be this year, any suggestions?
We both wish you a very special happy Australian birthday with love.

Corinne Brummond said...

So, I'm a little behind in reading your blog--so sorry! I did the book Meme on my blog and then charged you with tag but here it is...you have already done it! Happy Birthday, hope it was great!