Welcome Friends and Family

Here starts my journal of thoughts... preparing for, during, and after the MAD DTS with YWAM. Please feel free to contact me with any questions, etc.

12.02.2007

Lecture week 7!

I can't believe it has been 7weeks already! Time has been flying by! This week was a bit off because we didn't have class on Monday, and we started late on Tuesday and didn't even have teaching on Tuesday, either. I'm a bit disappointed because the teaching on the Holy Spirit was so good. On Wednesday we had to cram 3 days worth into one, I soaked in every word and studied a bunch of the references for myself during my quiet time. It's strange because I love hearing Pastor Dave at church speak on things, but this was just so much more on my level, I guess. Maybe broken down into an easier way to grasp or something... it just all finally made sense to me and didn't seem so ambiguous.

Yesterday was my birthday... yep, the big 2 - 7... kinda weird. Doesn't feel like I should be in my late twenties already, I feel like a kid so often still. All in all, it was a pretty good day. I can't say it's the best birthday I've EVER had, but the most unique I suppose. It started out with sleeping in a bit, reading some of Pride and Prejudice, reading the Bday card mom & dad sent earlier in the week, shower and all that, and lunch. After lunch a man named Ramesh had me and a bunch of my friends over for cheesecake to celebrate my birthday. God used him as an example to me, I don't feel like I deserved for him to give me anything, but he wanted to give me the best. He even bought me some earings from the base (they sell some jewelry in the office).
I also must mention that we celebrated as a DTS class on friday mid-morning since we don't have class on the weekends. It was nice, I requested an icecream cake, and it was sooo delicious, the whole class sang Happy Birthday and a couple leaders in particular belted it out at the top of their lungs. I haven't heard it sung to me like that since like middle school or something, it was pretty hilarious! :) So anyways, after cheesecake some of the girls stayed to clean his house and I sat and chatted with him because I wasn't allowed to help by his orders. When they were finished cleaning we left and went back to the base... I had some quiet time and then went on gmail and chatted with my mom and sister. It was good, but hard at the same time because I just want to see them... I want to see all of you that I miss... but I for sure don't want to leave, so the whole days was just mixed feelings. The original plan I had in my head was to go to the Australia Zoo, but there was a music festival in the park that a bunch of people went to (i went the night before... pretty cool) and then this Christmas Carols by Candlelight event that a bunch of other people had to participate in. It just didn't make sense to go, so I ended up going to the Christmas thing because at the end they shot off fireworks... and I've never had fireworks on my birthday, so why not?! The show was was pretty funny... but not necessarily because it was supposed to be funny. I don't know exactly how to explain it, but it just was goofy... it basically had all the different aspects of Christmas mixed into one show and at the end they shot off fireworks. I have to admit I've seen better, but they had a lot of the ones that sound like rice krispies and those are my favorite, so it worked out. :)

There is a lot of growing and processing going on in me right now... lots of good stuff, so thank you all for your prayers... in any way you may be praying. I believe that God uses the prayers of His people and that they transcend time and space. Lord may you bless those who are blessing and have blessed me.
Amen.

1 comment:

Lisa's Mom said...

i am glad your birthday was so unique for you this year...wow, fireworks too! Yes, I must admit, it was hard not having you here to celebrate your birthday and mine too, but i wouldn't want you anywhere else but where you are right now. love you, mom