Welcome Friends and Family

Here starts my journal of thoughts... preparing for, during, and after the MAD DTS with YWAM. Please feel free to contact me with any questions, etc.

3.28.2008

More Aussie outreach

Hello there.
It is Saturday morning... my day off! yeessssss.

So I left off with painting at a church on wed. morning. That evening we went to a homeless feed at a church just outside Brisbane city. It was really uncomfortable at fist because the majority of our team is female and most of the people there were male. It also seemed to me that a lot of them were either drunk, on drugs, or had a mental disability. After we started serving the meal, I felt a bit more at ease and eventually sat down at a table to chat because there were too many of us serving. I began speaking with a man who asked me about where I came from and what I do for work, etc etc. Eventually, since I am from the States he had to ask an inevitable question.... he prefaced it with "You don't have to answer this, but I'm curious, What do you think of George Bush?".... I knew it was coming... and I just said, "well, I'd sure hate to have his job right now." Kept it really general because I'm not really into debating politics anyways. He was polite, and we just speculated that this coming election will be very interesting, no matter WHO gets voted in... AND, especially if either of the democratic runners get in. I really haven't done enough research myself yet, to make an educated decision on the subject. I'm sure this next statement will raise some eyebrows, but honestly I'm at the point where I'm just not worried about who gets in. Above all else, God is my ruler... don't get me wrong, I'm going to vote and do what I can and what He has empowered me to do, but the rest is out of my control.
Okay, so that took a turn to politics.... anyways... the conversation was good, I took a step out of my comfort zone and invested in a man's life for just 20/30mins. I left knowing that if I give God what I can, He'll do the rest.
On Wed. night just before falling to sleep I was feeling a bit feverish. I finally fell asleep and woke up in the morning feeling average, so I got ready and met my team to go paint at a new recording studio. Painting at this place was not as fun as the other one... could have been the fact that my fever came back and I actually ended up sitting in a room unoccupied by anything for about an hour. Owell... later that day we were going to have "team time"... but Kate cancelled it because there was too much other stuff going on and our team members had work duties on the base anyways.
Yesterday my team went to an old folks home and performed a concert, but I didn't go because I needed rest. There wasn't anything for the artists to do anyways. Laura said there wasn't even an opportunity to talk with the residents because it was a concert and when it was done they all left within 5minutes!

I've been feeling much better today. It was a pretty lazy day... but nice because I got to chat on gmail with my sister and talk to mom and dad as well. Good times.

Leaving tomorrow for Redcliffe.... these next weeks are going to fly by.
Here are a few prayer requests..
1. That I'll focus on my time left here and really pour myself into these last weeks.
2. Details when mom and dad come will pan out... (yeah, fyi. my parents are coming to see me here in a couple of weeks!!)
3. For my mom and dad as they prepare to come... low stress levels.... etc.

Thanks mates!

cheers.


(sorry about the lack of pictures... the security in this place makes it mega hard to upload photos!!)

1 comment:

Perfumes said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Perfume, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://perfumes-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.