Welcome Friends and Family

Here starts my journal of thoughts... preparing for, during, and after the MAD DTS with YWAM. Please feel free to contact me with any questions, etc.

12.26.2007

An Aussie Christmas

MERRY CHRISTMAS
BLOG WORLD!
(sorry, i'm a few days late)


This is the Christmas tree in our room, all decorated! yay

This is the tree we sat around on Christmas night listening to the Christmas story told by Jemima. (one of the Frontiers DTS leaders)

On the wed. before Christmas, we had a fun party with our small group. What a beautiful table all set up!

mmm.... white chocolate and nutella melted with pretzels and sprinkles, too.... mmm

All the baking being done in the kitchen!

My Aussie Christmas:
It started early the week before with that small group xmas party... o what fun it was! I got a cool set of watercolor pencils, magazines to collage with and also a little box full of things that Jules (my secret santa) had collected to collage stuff. It was great! A fantastic jolly night, had by all!
On Thursday night we had a Christmas concert for everyone on the base. Since we have so many musicians, it made sense for them to have the chance to show off their skills. Many did, and it was a fantastic night. We even got to hear good ol' Amy Grant's "Emmanuel." After that, the MAD dts had their xmas dance party... and we all got down on the dance floor!
The weekend was filled with many things... on friday night a bunch of people went into the city to watch Miracle on 34th Street, under the stars on South Bank, but Kayti and I decided to stay back and have a relaxing night. We had some quiet time, watched White Christmas and went to bed soon after it ended.
Saturday was our friend Ramesh's christmas party! It was a fun time... he got a hat and a mini broom/dust pan set and many many cards. We played pictionary and ate homemade guacamole with chips and also delicious sugar cookies! After the party, Kayti and I went to the city and just walked all around... had Starbucks... went to the markets... walked up and down the river taking pictures, etc. At 5ish we met the "old peoples alliance" for dinner and ate the best pizza at this italian restaurant along the river on South Bank. The "old peoples alliance" is a group of us that are either 1. married or 2. over the age of 24... because most of the others are all under the age of 20. There are 8 of us without the leaders, and then there are 11, i think. It's a good time to just chill. It's hard to describe, but it's just a different vibe when it's just us.
After dinner there was a fireworks display with music over the river, how cool... fireworks for Christmas! Then, we went on our way.
Sunday was a lazy day... I'm blanking on what I did that day..... Oh yeah... it was lazy, some time after lunch I went over to Cristina's house to eat freshly baked chocolate cookies (not as good as "The Cookie Nook" ie: Erin Bennett's)... and played games, etc. Good times. I forget what I did Sunday night :(. Probably watched a movie or something.
On the morning of Christmas Eve all the MAD students who didn't go somewhere for xmas had breakfast at Leah's house. Leah is "second-in-command" of our school, and also one of the artists. She baked cinnamon rolls for us, but not just ANY cinnamon rolls.. the recipe from Cinnabon! They were heavenly... even the frosting was like Cinnabon's kind... they looked a little different, but still tasted amazing. There was also some other confections there... and fruit and coffee... mmm... good stuff. We chatted for awhile and then a bunch of us played a game that was similar to Catch Phrase, and I my team won... it was lots of fun. The rest of the day was pretty lazy again... OH YEAH... earlier that day I went on SKYPE with my family and Mike and Lois... it was such a good time. My parents sent me my stocking, so I opened it that day so I'd have it Christmas morning. It had the usual things we always get in our stockings... toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, and candy... oh... and some Burt's Bees lip balm and lotion! Skype is such a great invention... you all really should get it... especially if you have a webcam, you can't go wrong... it's free for goodness sakes! :) So anyways... that evening I went to Christmas Eve Mass at St. Stephen's in Brisbane. It was a good experience, but I really appreciate what I have back home. Following the Mass we went to a restaurant for dessert and because I was dying of thirst and everyone's always up for dessert! When we got back from the city I'm pretty sure we watched a movie.
I woke up on Christmas morning around 9 and jumped on SKYPE again to talk to my family as it was Christmas Eve when all the fam gets together... you know ALL 10 of them (3 being kids). But, it was good... I hadn't SEEN my grma or aunt since I got here, so that was a treat and gift in itself! We chatted for awhile and then we had a gift exchange here, so I signed off for awhile. We opened gifts and had lots of fun... then watched Rattatoullie (sp?) that cgi animated movie about the rat who cooks :). I got back on with the fam for a little while and then said goodbye... it was a bit sad, but that's okay it's a given.
The rest of the day was pretty uneventful... until we had a nice dinner with white table cloths and delicious food. AFter dinner we had a time of Carols and read the Christmas story... it was good... and then we watched White Christmas on the BIG screen. yay... it was really great!

I'd like to go on... Buuuut, I must go... this has taken WAY too long and I'm sure you're bored reading it by now :).
Love you all... oh, and here is a word that Ken Helser, the guy who spoke on The Father Heart of God, it was pretty cool:

Lisa Lundquist
An artist after my heart? How about, God the artist, after your heart. Lisa, the word for your life is "NEW." I do make all things new. Put away the past, trust and reach for the future, but right now, get ME, and you will be made new. Out of the newness, creativity will be birthed and you will shout about it. "Your eyes have not seen, your ears not heard, what I have in store for you, but I will reveal it by my spirit."
I Corinthians 2:9 and 10

No comments: