Welcome Friends and Family

Here starts my journal of thoughts... preparing for, during, and after the MAD DTS with YWAM. Please feel free to contact me with any questions, etc.

4.20.2008

Oh, Minneapolis... here I soon come....

Where to begin... or end for that matter.

I have just one more week of this Aussie-land/YWAM adventure that God has taken me on. The feelings are very mixed at the moment as I'm sure you could imagine. I miss many things about home, the conveniences, my own room and queen bed, less expensive food, food whenever I want it instead of scheduled meal times, Chipotle, Guacamole and Tostitos, Pita Chips and Hummus, Campbell's Thick and Chunky Soups, Oreos that don't cost an arm and a leg, Cookie Nook Cookies ;), a shower that a few ppl use instead of 20 girls, ranch dressing, not paying extra for more sauce at restaurants, Caribou Caramel Coolers, Dunn Bros., Sebastian Joes, and so much more. AND of course, I miss all of my lovely friends and family.

My parents came into town last tuesday and will be here until I leave. It has been good to see them and travel a little bit the last few days. I have to admit though, it's strange to have them here in my life as I've known it for six months, a life that they have never experienced with me. It's really surreal because I flip back and forth between thinking so much of home while I'm with them, and then coming back to base remembering that I'm still here and want to spend as much time as I can with these friends I may never see again. Mom and Dad are really good about it, and they are actually on their way to Sydney as we speak... in a rental car, driving on the "wrong" side of the road.
We went to Byron Bay yesterday in the rental car, and boy was that an experience! Dad did really well, but I guess the roads here are a bit more narrow than at home AND the car needed an alignment job. Mom kept having to tell him he was too far to the left.
The time in Byron was nice, except it was rainy all day and we had to alter our plans a little bit to accommodate for the weather. In hindsight, it probably would have been better to stay overnight there, but there was one last performance of the musicians back at the base in the evening that I wanted to see.
No use worrying about it now.. while in Byron, we decided to first eat lunch and following that we shopped a bit, and grabbed some ice cream. Eventually the rain stopped enough for me to show them where I was baptized. We then went up to the lighthouse and looked around for a short bit until we could see a huge wall of rain coming toward us.

I will be writing more later... atleast that is the plan. But, it's very possible that it doesn't happen, unless I have any sleepless nights. We shall see...

1 comment:

Erin Bennett said...

Hey, thanks for the plug! :)