Welcome Friends and Family

Here starts my journal of thoughts... preparing for, during, and after the MAD DTS with YWAM. Please feel free to contact me with any questions, etc.

1.19.2008

Baptism

Tomorrow morning I leave for Byron Bay again.. this time just for a lecture week, our very LAST one, actually! In two weeks I'll be in transit to Czech Republic, and I am sooo excited!
I really loved Byron Bay, so I am really excited to be going back. One thing I am looking forward to is that I am being baptized there this week.
It may come as a surprise to some of you that I have not yet been baptized, but it is indeed true. No reason specifically, I just hadn't felt a strong pull to take the plunge...(pun intended). It really has a lot of symbolism for me here. This journey that I'm on right now is a turning point in my life... full of new revelations of God's love, restoration, and renewal. It just seems right to mark it with a choice of commitment to go deeper into His love and be baptized. It is something I have been thinking about for the last year, and then when we were in Byron last time I saw a student from the base there get baptized. It was such a beautiful thing that took place, I remember thinking to myself, "why haven't I done this yet?"... and I believe God spoke to my heart and said something like "well, no better time or place." Okay, so I don't remember the exact words... but I just knew in my spirit it was time.
I just wanted to let you know before it happens... I'm not sure what day it will be, it might actually be one of the mornings.

Take care this week, bloggers!

2 comments:

Erin Bennett said...

That's awesome! I wish I could be there with you!
Just wanted to let you know that your myspace status looked like "...and get drunk" but now I get what "dunked" means!
Erin :)

Unknown said...

my heart and spirit is with you...I love you so much, Mom